1 1/4 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 9 whole boards)
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 T. confectioners' sugar
5 T. butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 T. cornstarch
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
3 drops red food coloring
1 container (12 oz) frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
2 cups chopped strawberries
(from 1-pint baskets)
6 strawberries, 1 T. strawberry jelly, 6 plain or striped
chocolate kisses, wrapping removed
- Crust: Mix crumbs, cocoa and sugar in medium-size bowl. Stir in melted butter until well mixed. Press mixture over bottom and up sides of 9 inch glass pie plate. Place in freezer until ready to fill.
- Filling: Mix sugar and cornstarch in medium-size saucepan. Over medium heat, gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate, vanilla and food coloring until mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl; cover surface directly with plastic wrap. Let cool to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- When cool, whisk chocolate mixture until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of the non-dairy topping. Fold the remaining non-diary topping into chocolate mixture.
- Spread half of chocolate filling over bottom of prepared crust. Top with chopped strawberries. Spread remaining chocolate filling over strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To decorate top of pie: Spoon remaining nondairy topping into pastry bag fitted with #30 star tip. Pipe border around edge of pie. Pipe grid over top of pie. Arrange whole strawberries in squares on top of pie. Melt jelly in small microwave-safe bowl in microwave oven on high power, about 15 seconds. Brush jelly over kisses. Sprinkle kisses with nonpareils (optional). Arrange in squares or use "uncoated candy kisses.